Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
I CARE Values
We strive to follow the follosing values in all of our interactions.
Integrity means that we strive to earn the trust and respect of those we serve by holding ourselves personally accountable to do what is right, and enduring consistency between what we say and what we do. We keep our promises, own our mistakes, and maintain high standards for individual performance.
Compassion means sharing in the emotions and feelings of our patients, families, and co-workers, and acting with kindness in all we say and do. By treating others with compassion, we create an environment that inspires trust, safeguards dignity, and promotes healing.
A Positive Attitude
A positive attitude means we perform in a way that communicates we are here to serve. We believe that positive attitudes result in positive outcomes.
Respect means we take responsibility for safeguarding the personal dignity, individuality, and inherent value of every person by interacting with our customers and one another in a spirit of honesty and compassion.
Exceptional quality means that we perform our work at the highest possible level of skill and ability, and that we are committed to continuous improvement of what we do and how we do it.
The Volunteer provides escort services and greets patients and visitors to the hospital. The volunteer will provide excellent customer service by answering all patient/visitor questions promptly and effectively.
Patient Escort--front desk
- Escort patients to admissions, radiology, surgery, nursing units
- Greet patients and visitors and sometimes assists front desk personnel
- Deliver plants to patients
- Deliver other items as needed to various departments
- Help with mailing of flyers, put brochure material together, etc.
- Serve as cashier; ring up items and collect money
- Answer questions from customers
- Direct customers to appropriate resource if needed
- Answer questions from family members
- Answer telephone from surgery personnel and relay information as needed
- Provide coffee to visitors
- Ensure waiting room is kept neat
Second Floor Information Desk
- Assist visitors with directions to units
- Answer questions from visitors
- Put together admit charts for nursing
- Other duties as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Must have good interpersonal skills and skill in customer relations.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions and follow verbal instructions.
- Must have the ability to work unsupervised or in areas that are confined or crowded.
- Amanda Arriaga
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!