Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To keep faith with our Covenant, our Mission Statement is to:
(1) Make the worship of God primary in all our gatherings.
(2) Foster relationships within the Alliance and with other people of faith.
(3) Create places of refuge and renewal for those who are wounded or ignored by the church.
(4) Side with those who are poor.
(5) Pursue justice with and for those who are oppressed.
(6) Care for the earth.
(7) Work for peace.
(8) Honor wisdom and lifelong learning.
(9) Hold ourselves accountable for equity, collegiality, and diversity.
Rooted in a noble tradition, our members and churches continue to respond in faith to the One who makes all things new. In addition to the historic Baptist principles, traditions and freedoms expressed in the Alliance covenant, the life of the Alliance today is increasingly shaped by:
- A commitment to inclusiveness, each person valued as God's beloved, uniquely gifted to reveal and enable God's work in the world;
- A respect for freedom, each voice affirmed as an expression essential to our gathered witness, whether lifted in agreement or dissent;
- A devotion to discernment, each action crafted in the context of active listening and careful and deliberate thought, with a goal of lasting consensus;
- A reverence for mystery, each Christian awed by the transcendence of God, and open to being surprised by God;
- A hunger and thirst for social justice, each believer called to do the transformative work of Christ in the compassionate spirit of Christ; and
- A passion for partnership, modeled in how we do Alliance work together and in our relationships with other people of faith, each collaboration celebrated as an occasion for that spiritual synergy which grows from connecting God's people with one another.
- Ana Karim
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!