PCC serves clients from Greene, Christian, Webster, Barry, Stone, Polk, and Lawrence Counties through its center in Springfield Missouri. PCC currently fill over 150 client appointments each week, at no cost to the individuals served, to provide essential programs including: pregnancy testing; crisis intervention; ultrasound services; individual case-management assessments, one-on-one mentoring; baby and maternity supplies and resources; and healthy pregnancy and birth and healthy relationship education programs.
PCC's programs address nine Child and Maternal Red Flags identified in the Springfield Community Report Card: child abuse and neglect, communicable disease, low birth weight babies, smoking during pregnancy, families in poverty, domestic violence, fatherless families, school drop out rate, and teen pregnancy.
PCC education programs cover such topics as nutrition, parenting, fatherhood, teen pregnancy and disease prevention, healthy lifestyles, relationship skills, labor and birth, and parents and the law. PCC's Choices Project provides prevention and healthy relationship training to teens in local schools and youth organizations.
This year PCC is celebrating ten years of positively impacting young lives Southwest Missouri. Here are just a few of the milestones that these programs have achieved in the past ten years:
- Served over 28,500 young people each year with health and wellness education.
- Delivered pregnancy and relationship programs serving over 150,000 young people since 2000.
- Promoted healthy delivery of over 5,100 babies since 2000.
- Reached over 27,000 students through the Choices Project with healthy relationship education in Southwest Missouri schools in the 2008-2009 school years.
- Ensured that 100% of clients participating in our Nutrition Education Program have AVOIDED bearing pre-term and/or low birth-weight babies.