Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Since 1986, the Coalition has provided the Northern Panhandle of WV with homeless services and during this time we have acquired an expressed understanding of the community and population served. Through on going needs assessments and by identifying gaps in the service delivery system the Coalition has adapted its programming and evolved into a housing provider. This expansion was a direct result of the housing market necessitating a need for accessible, affordable housing for the homeless population. As an established housing developer, the Coalition is fully confident in our ability to offer a quality housing stock that parallels our outstanding level of client care.
Today, the Coalition's focus on ending the cycle of homelessness begins by acknowledging the fact homelessness does not exist in a vacuum. There is no single cause of homelessness and there is no single solution applicable in all situations. Homelessness is the result of a multitude of issues culminating over a period of time - it does not happen instantaneously but evolves out of precipitating issues. To the best of our ability, we, the Coalition, want to address those issues. Our current plan of action includes:
- · Provide full-scale supportive services that focus on building upon each person's human capacity at the emergency, transitional and permanent housing levels
- · Support community emergency shelters by offering payments for shelter beds via the WV Department of Health and Human Resources
- · Identify and implement long-term curative measures to homelessness, while also educating the wider society about the issue
- · Develop and support a seamless system of services in the greater Wheeling area
- · Establish appropriate and assisted housing opportunities for this population
- · Promote community planning by identifying systematic gaps, gathering data to substantiate the need and serving as the lead agency in the Northern Panhandle Continuum of Care
The Coalition serves the homeless by providing:
- outreach to those living in the streets
- assessment and linkage to community partners
- placement in emergency shelter
- provide specialize housing opportunities such as transitional housing and permanent supportive housing
- employment assistance
- assistance in securing benefits
- opportunities for full case management services and contracted mental health care
- placement in decent, affordable permanent housing
- Renee Stewart
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!