American Cancer Society
- Crisis Support
- Health & Medicine
Location1120 South Goodman StreetRochester, NY 14620 United States
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
The American Cancer Society combines a never-ending passion in the fight against cancer with nearly a century of experience saving lives. As a global grassroots force of three million volunteers, we fight for every life threatened by every cancer in every community and we need your help!
How the American Cancer Society Saves Lives
We are here before, during, and after a diagnosis by helping people stay well through prevention and early detection, helping people get well through hands-on support, by finding cures through groundbreaking research, and by fighting back through public policy efforts. We turn what we know about cancer into what we do.
Volunteering with the American Cancer Society gives you an opportunity to save lives while fulfilling your own.
When you volunteer, you can:
- Make a meaningful difference in your workplace and community.
- Help cancer patients and their families.
- Have flexible options and opportunities that fit your schedule.
- Build relationships and networks that last a lifetime.
- Learn and grow personally and professionally.
- Involve family and friends in your efforts.