Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Matrix Human Services, a 501(c)(3) organization, has served the Detroit community and surrounding areas for more than 108 years. The League of Catholic Women led the way in 1906 with a vision and mission to fight poverty. Today our mission reamins the same as we continue to touch hearts and change lives in our community. With 15 programs at 33 locatins, Matrix Human Services serves more than 25,000 individual and families each year.
Matrix Human Services has been a leader in the community since 1906. what sets us apart is our Transition to Success (TTS) Model designed to move individuals and families out of poverty. We are headquartered in Detroit. Eighty eight cents of every dollar donated to matrix is specifically used for programs that are changing lives. The remaining twelve cents is utilized for administration.
Matrix is positioned to lead dynamic change across the country with our Transition to Success (TTS) Model. This poverty model, implemented across all Matrix Programs, coordinates care for basic needs, learning to read, getting an education (including GED and higher education), financial literacy and volunteerism. It has been our vision to have a national model of care that frames poverty as a condition that requires treatment and not a character flaw. That dream is today becoming a reality. We are changing the mindset of community leaders and those we serve by providing a realistic pathway to improved health and economic self-sufficiency.
Matrix programs include Matrix Partnerships for Housing and Landlord Alliance, Matrix Employment Center, Matrix Ways to Work, Matrix Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, Matrix Huamn Services Center, Matrix Off the Streets, Matrix Youth Assistance Program, Matgrix Senior Wellness Services, Matrix Head Start and more
Matrix, a proven leader in uniting all human service efforts to move individuals and families toward self-sufficiency in our time with your help... eradicating poverty of the mind, body and spirit.
The core values are the collective principles and ideals that define the character of Matrix Human Services.
- Respect, Diversity & Incluseion. Embracing and promoting a culture of respect, diversity and inclusion among all clients, staff and board.
- Ethical Stewardship. Managing all of our resources to ensure efficient and effective results and measurable outcomes both clinical and fiscal.
- Program Services. Empowering clients to be the best they can be, developing strong individuals, families and communities.
- Collaboration. Integrating Matrix Human Services programs and collaborating with organizations that support our Mission and Vision.
- A Collective Pride in Matrix. Empowering staff, Board and volunteers to bring new ideas and solutions, suggestions to promote growth, and pursue innovation.
- Education. Continuing the commitment to pursue educational development by all staff, volunteers, clients and Board.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!