Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mare Island Heritage Trust's missions is to protect, preserve, restore, manage, interpret, promote as a destination and provide for an engaging visitor experience of open space, historic, cultural and natural resources of Mare Island and its vicinity.
Along with public and private sector partners the Mare Island Heritage Trust ensures adequate funding, maintenance and public support of its purposes.
The Mare Island Heritage Trust engages in comprehensive planning and the implementation of initiatives and educational and recreational programming for the public experience and enjoyment of an array of unique natural and built areas of Mare Island and its vicinity.
PRIMARY GOALS OF THE HERITAGE TRUST
- manage the Mare Island Shoreline Heritage Preserve in cooperation with the City of Vallejo for the enjoyment of all Californians;
- provide for visitor amenities; conduct marketing and advertising; raise funds for maintenance costs and operations; seek volunteer and in-kind contributions for the Preserve
- raise money for the preparation of a master plan for the Mare Island Shoreline Heritage Preserve;
- raise money for and collaborate with other organizations to prepare a strategic plan for the management of all City properties managed and owned by the City that are designated for public uses on Mare Island;
- raise funds for initial interim and long-term capital improvements for the Preserve;
- seek opportunities to collaborate with partners to provide for excellent and varied public serving programs in the Preserve;
- and, work with partners to develop an Islandwide visitor serving and attraction plan.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!