Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
YEA Camp empowers youth with the knowledge, skills, confidence and community to be bold leaders and to make a difference on the issues that matter most to them.
At YEA Camp Participants...
- learn skills that will boost their confidence and support them in taking empowered action to make a difference
- get trained in non-violent communication and working together as a team
- recognize and address the influence of privilege, oppression, gossip, cliques, advertising, and other social factors, and see inspiring alternatives modeled
- Join a local community of supportive difference-makers they can collaborate with for years to come.
- learn about historic activists, as well as as activists their age who are making a difference now!
- think strategically about how they want to make a difference, and develop a campaign or action plan to address an issue of importance to them.
- overcome fears or barriers they have to leadership, friendship, community, and making a difference.
Please see our website for full details. YEA is based out of San Fransisco, CA and Portland, OR although we can use volunteers in any location. We also have a camp in the Boston, MA area.
To donate to YEA, please click here. We are 100% volunteer based and your donation enables low-income campers to attend our camp.YEA Camp is a youth leadership program that offers life-changing week-long summer programs for middle- and high-schoolers who want to make a difference in the world. Starting in the summer of 2009, we have now run 4 successful week-long camps in northern California and Oregon, and our campers have since started school clubs, put on fundraisers for local nonprofits, gotten healthier food in their cafeteria, and more. We are looking to grow our organization so that we can reach more youth. There are multiple ways to get involved at a core level of our program. There is a possiblity for long-term involvment and possibly employment as we gain funding.
Youth Empowered Action--YEA Camp is a non-profit camp for youth aged 12-17 who are passionate about making a difference in the world. YEA trains and mentors youth leaders working on issues of importance in the world to them, whether it be environmental issues, gay rights, peace, justice, animal rights or racial equality. YEA trains young difference-makers to really take on the issue that they care about.
YEA is a week-long sleepaway camp with activities that boost the skills and confidence of youth leaders. At Camp, the campers are all served delicious, sustainable, organic, vegan meals. YEA may be the only vegan youth camp in the country. When camp ends, the mentors who worked with the campers continue to mentor and have availability to their mentees for advice, help and support as they work on their issue in their school or community.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!