Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
North Carolina Campus Compact is a coalition of colleges and universities collaborating to increase campus-wide participation in community and public service. Presidents and chancellors commit their institutions to join with other schools in becoming "engaged campuses" that enhance students' sense of responsibility, citizenship, leadership and awareness of community, while reinvigorating higher education's concern for improving the quality of life in North Carolina. NC Campus Compact is a member of National Campus Compact.
Working together towards the mission
NC Campus Compact joins together to promote civic engagement in order to unite campuses, empower students, and impact NC communities. The state office works with member institutions throughout the state to promote and enhance campuses engaged with their communities and producing civically-minded graduates.
- Community service, volunteerism, and civic engagement of students, graduates, faculty and staff
- Connecting with communities and community organizations in reciprocal relationships
- Working collaboratively with higher education institutions towards common goals and visions
- Creating recognition and understanding of what it means to be a global citizen
- Intentionally working to develop NC communities as participative democracies
- Lifelong learning that is reflected by critical thinking, reflection, and compassion as new situations are encountered
Lenoir-Rhyne University is a member of North Carolina Campus Compact. It hosts an AmeriCorps VISTA. The VISTA coordinates community service activities for the students.
- Ashley Bryant
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!