Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The women of the American Legion Auxiliary make a difference in the lives of all Americans. They educate children, organize community events and help our nation's veterans through legislative action and volunteerism. The American Legion Auxiliary is the world's largest women's patriotic service organization with nearly 1 million members in 10,100 communities. Auxiliary members are a unique group of women, joined in the fellowship of volunteerism, patriotism and dedicated to veterans, young people and communities.
The Auxiliary and the Legion are often centers for community and civic activities in mid America, and provide a focal point for citizens' involvement.
- The Auxiliary raises more than $18 million every year and reinvests those funds in VA medical centers and community programs.
- Thousands of hours are devoted to crime prevention programs, instructing children, the elderly and the general public on safety, crime prevention and protection within the community.
- Auxiliary volunteers are the backbone of assistance in the 171 VA Medical Centers.
- They not only provide diversion and entertainment for patients, but assist the hospital staff in physical and psychological therapy, clerical and many other duties that would otherwise cost American taxpayers millions of dollars.
- The Auxiliary deals with issues such as drug and alcohol abuse, missing and abused children, teen suicide and teen pregnancy. Its services touch the lives of all Americans directly or indirectly.
- More than 20 nationwide programs receive support and financial aid from the American Legion Auxiliary.
- Ryan Pulver
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!