Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of CCHS is to prioritize health, welfare, and personal goals and to promote positive community roles for individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
About and brief history.
Columbus Center for Human Services, Inc. (CCHS) is an experienced and trusted provider of comprehensive support services for adults with Developmental Disabilities (DD).CCHS was incorporated in 1979 as a direct response to de-institutionalization, the process of transitioning individuals with DD from large institutions into immediate care facilities. At that time, the State of Ohio was committed to closing long-stay institutions and there was a growing need in the community to serve those affected by this transition.
- In 1983, CCHS offered its first program, Park West Court Apartments (PWCA), and has since served the community for over 30 years. PWCA is a residential facility that 70 individuals call home.
- In 1989 CCHS started Supported Community Living, a provider of comprehensive in-home support services to individuals with disabilities in Central Ohio. SCL provides direct support for every aspect of individual needs, including personal care, social work services, and transportation.
- Open Door Art Studio opened September in 2007 and is located in Grandview Heights, Ohio. It is an art gallery, art studio, and day service program that empowers individuals to develop their artistic voices and to experience opportunities afforded through the arts.
- The Career and Activity Center (CAC) opened its doors in 2008 and currently provides day services to approximately 120 people. While individuals are at the CAC they can explore but are not limited to the arts, ceramics, fitness, nature, cooking, sensory, social groups, the opportunity to earn a paycheck and create meaningful roles in the community.
- Employment Services was developed in 2009 to meet one of the areas of greatest need for individuals with developmental disabilities: vocational training and career development. Since its inception CCHS has assisted in many individuals in finding careers and jobs. Little Fish Printing and Gallery opened in the short north in 2014.
- Little Fish produces custom printing for clothing, screen printing and features art work from the CAC and our Union county day service.
CCHS is continuing to grow and evolve to meet the new challenges that face us every day. CCHS is committed to consistently upholding the highest standard of service in the industry and will continue to provide excellent and enriching programs for the individuals we serve.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!