Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To encourage seniors to remain active and involved in a social and recreational setting by providing programs and activities
The purpose of the Minneluzahan Senior Center, Incorporated, shall be as follows:
1. Maintenance of Headquarters: Headquarters for the Center shall be maintained at 315 North Fourth Street, Rapid City, South Dakota, chiefly east of the Gap, where senior citizens may congregate for the enrichment of their lives with increased opportunities with emphasis on inter-cultural and inter-heritage exchange;
2. Provide services to senior citizens, age 55 years and older, under the provisions of The Older American Act of 1965 and its amendments;
3. Stimulate increased awareness, better understanding, and increased consideration of special needs of senior citizens that affect their lives;
4. Make recommendations to Federal, State, County, and local agencies and organizations on possible ways of improving services and programs to meet the needs of older citizens;
5. Provide health and nutritional services, legal and financial counseling, and other advisory and technical services to the elderly as opportunities arise;
6. Assist senior citizens in striving towards a better life for themselves and their increasing participation in the Center and community affairs;
7. Create continued better understanding, communication, and mutual helpfulness between the Center’s citizens and the general public.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!