Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- a grassroots non-profit organization dedicated to the elimination of poverty and substandard housing worldwide.
- believes that every person deserves, at least, a simple and decent place in which to live and grow
- builds or renovates houses in partnership with families who qualify for homeownership based on three criteria: need, a willingness to partner with HFH and an ability to repay a no-interest mortgage
- works with people of all faiths and people of no faith
- sells its houses at no profit, with no interest charged
- has built and renovated over 225,000 houses worldwide since 1976
At Habitat for Humanity of the Roaring Fork Valley, we know that many families right here in our community live in dangerous, unhealthy housing and struggle each day just to survive. It's our goal to help ease that burden and help families realize the American dream of homeownership and self-sufficiency.Habitat for Humanity builds simple, decent, affordable homes in partnership with those in need. Families purchase the houses at cost, with a zero interest mortgage and they are required to complete hundreds of hours of 'sweat equity' working alongside volunteers to build their homes. Habitat families must be legal US citizens, have a current housing need, a household income between $20,000 and $40,000 and a willingness to partner in the building of their home. Habitat is definitely a hand up, not a hand out. Volunteers provide most of the labor, and individual and business donors provide money and materials to build Habitat houses.
- Crystal Wanner
- Need admin access?