Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The vision of Monroe Public Schools is to set the standard for excellence in public education for the State of Connecticut.
The mission of the Monroe Public Schools is to prepare students to be citizens in a world where they can make positive contributions to the diverse and global communities in which they learn, live, and work.
We believe that:
- All children can learn
- High academic achievement is a priority.
- A supportive, safe, and nurturing learning environment best meets individual needs of students.
- Rigorous curriculum and effective teaching practices provide a foundation for learning.
- Learning is a partnership involving children, parents, teachers, and the community.
- Continuous improvement, guided by reliable data and analysis, is essential.
- The power of personal connections and relations between staff and students contributes to learning.
- Respect for diversity in beliefs, cultures, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives enriches the lives and learning environment for all our students.
- Utilization of creativity and innovation support the goal of achieving quality education within a framework of fiscal accountability and efficiency.
Monroe is a suburban Fairfield County community with a population slightly in excess of 19,500 people. The school system enrolls approximately 4,000 students, in three elementary schools, a 5-6 school, a 7-8 school, and a comprehensive high school. The town's location and quality of life have resulted in unprecedented growth. It is one of the fastest growing communities in Connecticut.
The Board of Education is totally committed to educational excellence. The school system continually seeks to improve student learning based upon reliable curricular research, sound principles of child development, and proven teaching practices.
The Board and its Superintendent, Dr. Colleen Palmer, provide leadership and support for each school's commitment to create a culture that offers students the opportunity for maximum growth in a climate of mutual trust and respect. All members of the school community work to achieve district goals that provide every student with the opportunity to acquire academic knowledge, life skills, and the principles of good citizenship in a democratic society. A developmentally appropriate and rigorous curriculum helps students become able and confident in their problem-solving ability.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!