Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Audubon Naturalist Society inspires residents of the greater Washington, DC, region to appreciate, understand, and protect their natural environment through outdoor experiences, education, and advocacy.
Rust Sanctuary is one of the three nature sanctuaries owned by the Audubon Naturlaist Society of the Central Atlantic states.
Audubon Naturalist Society is the largest and oldest independent environmental organization in the Washington, DC region. A pioneer in linking conservation activities with environmental education, ANS:
- Reaches more than 9,000 children each calendar year through its nature preschool andfamily, scout, school, and camp programs
- Offers adults a rich variety of natural history classes, local outings, and national and international travel experiences
- Works with a network of civic and environmental groups on conservation issues, such as transportation, watershedand rural landsprotection, and climate change
- Manages three wildlife sanctuaries: Woodend, Rust, and Webb
- Hosts numerous special events, including the annual Nature Fair, Auction & Reception, and Bloomin' Birdathon.
- Publishes the Naturalist Quarterlyfour times a year and broadcasts the Audubon eNEWS monthly
- Operates the Audubon Sanctuary Shopat Woodend Sanctuary in Chevy Chase, MD, Rust Sancturay in Leesburg, VA, and online. All offer a large selection of birdseed, bird feeders & houses, natural history/environmental books & DVDs, binoculars, and children's gifts.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!