Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- QuestBridge envisions a world where America's leadership encompasses thoughtful and broad-minded decision-makers drawn from every economic segment of society.
- QuestBridge will revolutionize the way leading colleges and universities recruit talented low-income students, and the way these students approach their educations and futures.
- QuestBridge aims to create a singular place where exceptionally talented low-income students can navigate educational and life opportunities.
- QuestBridge recruits, develops, and supports motivated low-income students - beginning in high school through college to their first job - to be successful at America's best colleges, graduate schools, and companies.
What We Know
- Abundant low-income talent exists. Annually, approximately 30,000 low-income students score over 1300 on the combined math and verbal SAT scores, and another 42,000 score over 1220. Moreover, over a third of top low-income performers don't take the SAT. Already in the system, there is abundant raw talent and tens of thousands of academically prepared talented low-income students in America to match top low-income students with every full-need scholarship that top American colleges provide. There need be no academic gap if we can bring our best low-income students into the system.
- Most top low-income students in America don't apply to top colleges who want them. In one study, only 3% of the students attending the nation's top 146 colleges and universities were drawn from families in the lowest economic quartile.
- Better recruitment can close this gap.
What We Believe
- Intelligence, talent, motivation, nobility, and grit are distributed across the entire economic spectrum of America's youth.
- Many elite colleges and universities, Fortune 500 corporations, and top graduate schools sincerely strive to embrace the county's most talented, determined, and self-motivated students. But they often lack the reach to attract appropriate candidates from low-income populations.
- America has an undiscovered population of talented low-income youth. Some of our brightest young minds are well-suited to opportunities, but unconnected for simple lack of information, mentorship, and other surmountable barriers.
- In an increasingly global marketplace, America will not continue to prosper unless we make best use of the latent talent brimming within our borders.
QuestBridge is a non-profit program that links bright, motivated low-income students with educational and scholarship opportunities at some of the nation's best colleges. QuestBridge is the provider of the National College Match Program and the College Prep Scholarship.
The QuestBridge National College Match helps outstanding low-income high school seniors gain admission and full four-year scholarships to some of the nation's most selective colleges.
QuestBridge's College Prep Scholarship prepares high-achieving low-income students to make the most of their advantages in the admissions process.
- Kim Marar
- (650) 331-3280
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!