Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The SOTO program will work in tandem with the Guilford County Juvenile Detention, Department of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, local universities and the faith based community to assist at-risk youth that are in need of leadership development, culture diversity and positive social skills. Working within this network allows us to provide youth with the necessary skills to affect not only their lives but the lives of others thru one-on-one mentor support, weekly events and activities. Through establishing, enlarging and maintaining this collaboration we will be able to implement positive change in youth throughout Guilford County.
Who we serve:
- Youth ages 9-17
- Youth with an Incarcerated Parents
- Youth that are at risk for gang involvement
- Court involved youth
How we serve:
SOTO provides a six to twelve month Leadership Development Program, which includes guided mentoring.
- Respect for self and peers ( Culture Diversity)
- Effective Communication ( Public Speaking )
- Leadership Development ( Character Building)
- Community Involvement ( Volunteer Services)
- Entrepreneur network (Career Exploration)
Why we serve: S.O.T.O
Prevent gang affiliation and recidivism among our triad youth.
Through Our Four P's Process of Change:
- Positive change- How they see themselves
- Plan to change- Make a goal to accomplish
- Practice change- Putting those goals in action
- Proof of change- Making a difference in the community
- Dana Lowe
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!