Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Well Spouse Association, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership organization, supports the needs of individuals caring for a chronically ill and/or disabled spouse or partner. We offer a variety of peer support platforms to help our members deal with the special challenges and unique issues well spouses face every day.
To achieve this mission the Well Spouse Association:
- coordinates a national network of Support Groups
- facilitates a Mentor program
- publishes a newsletter (Mainstay)
- hosts a website (www.wellspouse.org) with resources for coping and survival skills, which includes an online chat forum for spousal caregivers
- organizes regional respite weekends and a national conference for caregivers
- administrates a closed Facebook group, Spousal Caregivers - Well Spouse Association.
- provides continuing support for members whose spouses have died
- advocates on behalf of spousal caregivers
- seeks out new initiatives to help caregiver spouses and their families cope with the emotional and financial stresses associated with chronic illness and/or disability