Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Guiding Mission
Missoula Parks and Recreation is essential to the quality and way of life for individuals, families, community, and the environment. Our Guiding Mission is to enhance the quality of life in our community by:
- Promoting health and wellness
- Stimulating (supporting and encouraging successful) community and economic development
- Protecting the environment
- Educating and enriching the citizens of our community
- The benefits of Parks and Recreation are endless!™
Parks & Recreation By The Numbers
- 400+ acres of parkland
- 20,000+ park, boulevard, and right of way trees
- 22 miles of trails
- 3,300 acres of conservation lands
- 1,400 acres of protected lands via conservation easements
- 55-70 elk
- Thousands of participants in recreation programs
- 1,000+ daily swims at Splash Montana and Currents Aquatics Center
- 50 teen volunteers working over 3,000 hours
- Hundreds of adults volunteering over 1,000 hours
- 26 full-time employees and up to 200 part-time and seasonal
- $3.1+ million department budget
- $1.1+ million aquatic budget
- $1.4 million revenue annually
- $106/year per household cost to taxpayers
- Countless smiles!
- Jason Pignanelli
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!