Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
BBB's mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust. BBB accomplishes this mission by:
- Creating a community of trustworthy businesses
- Setting standards for marketplace trust
- Encouraging and supporting best practices
- Celebrating marketplace role models, and;
- Denouncing substandard marketplace behavior
BBB sees trust as a function of two primary factors - integrity and performance. Integrity includes respect, ethics and intent. Performance speaks to a business's track record of delivering results in accordance with BBB standards and/or addressing customer concerns in a timely, satisfactory manner.
BBB ensures that high standards for trust are set and maintained. We exist so consumers and businesses alike have an unbiased source to guide them on matters of trust. We provide educational information and expert advice that is free of charge and easily accessible.
BBB Accreditation is an honor - and not every company is eligible. Businesses that meet our high standards are invited to join BBB. Businesses meeting BBB standards are presented to local Boards of Directors (or designees) for review and acceptance as a BBB Accredited Business. To read more about our Accreditation Standards, click here.
All BBB accredited businesses have agreed to live up to our Standards for Trust. Our Standards for Trust are a comprehensive set of policies, procedures and best practices focused on how businesses should treat the public - fairly and honestly in all circumstances. To review our Standards for Trust, click here.
BBB does not compare businesses against each other, but rather evaluates businesses against our standards - and our standards clearly speak to the character and competence of an organization.
BBB is the resource to turn to for objective, unbiased information on businesses. Our network of national and local BBB operations allows us to monitor and take action on thousands of business issues affecting consumers at any given time.
BBB is your key advisor, most reliable evaluator and most objective expert on the topic of trust in the marketplace.
BBBs are organized as independent non-profit corporations financed by accreditation fees paid by BBB accredited businesses within the community. The BBB serving Denver/boulder is ranked among the top BBBs nationally in operations and accreditation. In order to provide the most efficient services to consumers and businesses, the BBB's principal functions are:
• To investigate and act upon complaints of unfair and unethical business practices and to expose or curb such practices where found.
• To provide useful, helpful information to the public, and to promote both business and consumer education.
• To monitor advertising and selling practices and to provide counseling service to advertisers on advertising accuracy.
• To provide factual information on charitable solicitations and investment schemes.
• To protect the public from fraud and deceit and the community from loss to fraudulent promotions and schemes.
• To provide factual reports to consumers and businesses requesting such information, concerning both local and national firms.
• To cooperate with local, state and national enforcement and regulatory agencies of government investigations and prosecutions for fraud.
• To help accredited businesses prosper through the development of good customer relations.
• To provide information to other BBBs either directly or through the council of BBBs (CBBB) concerning unethical or deceptive practices of national or chain operators.
- Kevin Root
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!