Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
JSSA, the Jewish Social Service Agency, strives to be the preeminent coordinator and provider of a broad range of clinical and social services for individuals and families residing in the greater Washington metropolitan area who seek help with life's many challenges. Mission JSSA shall be the first place for the Jewish community, as well as the community at large, to turn for clinical and social services of the highest quality that sustain and nurture all who seek assistance.
JSSA is rooted in the Jewish traditions of Tikkun Olam, commitment to heal and repair the world, and Tzedakah, charity, justice and responsibility to care for one's neighbor. In all that it does, JSSA is guide by a set of deep-seated values:
• We strive for EXCELLENCE. In everything we do, we have the highest commitment to quality, customer service and employee satisfaction.
• We respect INDIVIDUALITY. We work to understand the needs of each person turning to us for assistance, the needs of their families and caregivers, and the needs of our employees.
• We honor DIGNITY. In all situations, we honor every client's, family member's and employee's right to respect and privacy.
• We promote INDEPENDENCE. At all times, we encourage every client's and family's right to personal choice and self determination.
• We accept RESPONSIBILITY. We make our services available to all regardless of their ability to pay.
• We encourage a SENSE OF BELONGING. Through collaboration and cohesive teamwork, we create an atmosphere that is welcoming, inclusive, compassionate and supportive
For more than 115 years, JSSA (Jewish Social Service Agency) has exemplified Jewish values by reaching out and helping everyone in the Washington metropolitan area who needs us - regardless of their religious background, race or ability to pay.
Our wide range of counseling, educational and career services, in-home support, hospice and nursing care and social services are provided by our highly skilled and caring staff of mental health and nursing professionals. JSSA assists more than 26,000 people a year, from the very young to the very old.
- Tala LaManna
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!