Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To resolve serious legal problems of low-income people, promote economic and family stability, and reduce poverty through effective legal assistance.
Legal Aid provides a wide range of services. We represent individuals and families who face serious legal problems. Each year we help over 20,000 families prevent evictions and foreclosures, resolves consumer debt problems, obtain Medicaid and other health and income benefits, address family law issues, including divorce and domestic violence, and resolve school problems.
Legal Aid solves the day-to-day legal problems faced by our client, and we are committed to addressing larger issues which affect our community.
Housing - Legal Aid takes cases to help clients resolve housing problems
- Representing in eviction and foreclosure cases
- Preventing lockout or utility cutoff
- Improving neighborhood housing
Domestic Violence - Legal Aid helps clients who seek protection from domestic violence
- Securing protection orders
- Resolving custody and visitation
- Representing in divorce proceedings
- Coordinating community services
Education - Legal Aid provides legal assistance to help children obtain a good education
- Addressing special education needs
- Promoting parental involvement
- Preventing suspension and expulsion
Child Safety - Legal Aid represents children to secure a safe and stable home
- Serving as attorney and gaurdian ad litem in abuse, dependency, and neglect cases
....And much more
Legal Aid works with individuals and community groups on a wide variety of issues
- Neighborhood safety
- Child welfare and foster care services
- Termination or denial of Food Stamps, medical assistance, or income benefits
- Natural disasters
- SSI and Social Security denials and terminations
- Veterans, unemployment, and disability claims
- Access to health and mental health care services
- Medicaid eligibility
- Consumer problems
- Probate, guardianship, and adoption
Lower-income residents of Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinto, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren Counties are eligible for Legal Aid services.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!