Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Cleveland County Abuse Prevention Council serves as a bridge between being a victim to becoming a survivor of domestic violence, rape, sexual assault, homelessness, and homemaker displacement through the provision of safe shelter, advocacy, support services, and preventive education.
The Cleveland County Abuse Prevention Council, Inc. (APC) strives to make Cleveland County a safe community for individuals and families by:
- Operating Cleveland County's ONLY rape crisis center;
- Staffing a 24/7 crisis hotline;
- Providing safe, confidential housing for battered and homeless men, women, and children;
- Offering individual counseling and support groups to victims of domestic violence, rape, and sexual assault;
- Advocating for victims in legal proceedings;
- Assisting displaced homemakers transitioning into the job market;
- Securing supportive housing for eligible clients;
- Promoting preventive community education and training; and
- Making community referrals for outside assistance.
Bilingual services are also available. All of our services are available at little or no cost.
We are proud to be a United Way agency.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!