Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The long term mission of Cadman Foundation is to diminish the need for the foster care system through real and practical resources and assistance for all adoptive and foster care families.
Cadman Foundation (CF) is an emerging non-profit located in Rochester Hills that is focused on foster care and adoption initiatives specific to the state of Michigan. We are creating an Adoption Resource Center (ARC) that will provide services and interventions for adoptive and foster care families (both pre- and post-placement), bringing real hope and healing for these families. We are on the verge of rapid growth as key foundations and individuals committed to the improvement of child welfare not only in Michigan but also nationally are turning their focus on Cadman as we begin this ARC.
The Foundation Goals
- Public awareness outreach-encouraging adoption and involvement in the foster care world--using the "They Matter More Than Anything" DVD as well as resource referral and education to potential adoptive and foster care families. http://www.vimeo.com/cadmanfoundation
- In 2010 launch a controlled one-year Neuro-Reorganization (NRT) program to assist families with this treatment modality, addressing the developmental issues confronting them and to define the program in preparation for launching a full NRT program in 2011.
- Broaden the scope of effective treatment modalities available to families to include (but not limited to) therapeutic parenting, occupational and physical therapies, as well as support groups and systems. These aspects of the program will be made available throughout the adoption and foster care placement process and well into each family's future to assure a healthy and permanent home for every child.
- Develop a robust mentoring program for foster care youth who are within three years of aging out of the program to assist them in their transition into adult life and their futures.
- Identify and implement practical and concrete ways to support children moving into the foster care system.
- Maureen McWalters
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!