Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The St. Augustine Wild Reserve was founded to provide a home for unwanted and abused exotic animals. The center will not refuse any exotic animal, and will provide top-quality care for all animals throughout their lives at the sanctuary. In most cases, animals will remain at the Reserve for the duration of their lives.
The Reserve's educational objective is to create in the general public a respect for all animals, in the hope that an informed and enlightened public will allow the peaceful coexistence of man and nature. Specific program goals and objectives are as follows:
1. Create a totally unique interaction experience with exotic animals, unlike any other public-to-animal environment
2. Extend children's educational knowledge base to understand and appreciate exotic animals
3. Educate the general public about exotic animals and dissuade exotic animal ownership in the private sector
4. Through education, assist in preventing future animal abuse
5. Provide a sanctuary for the rescue of exotic animals from
inappropriate and tenuous environments.
The St. Augustine Wild Reserve is a non-profit corporation founded in 1992, focusing on the world's rapidly diminishing wildlife. Created as a rescue center for unwanted and abused exotic animals, this need has become evident due to the number of individuals who obtain an exotic animal as a pet, only to realize that the animal's wild nature doesn't fit into their lifestyle or environment as they expected. This is where the Reserve comes into play. As Founder, Deborah Warrick has extensive knowledge of the animals themselves, their behavioral characteristics, care and handling of various exotic animals. It is her vision, knowledge, working experience and love of exotic animals that will transform the Reserve project detailed herein into a reality that will provide the public educational exposure and related benefits while providing a comfortable home for unwanted and abused animals.
- Deborah Warrick
- Need admin access?