Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission, Vision & Values Our mission Connecting people to vital resources that help achieve their path to a greater quality of life. Our vision Our community will have access to hope through information and life-changing resources during difficult times. Our core values Accountability, Collaboration, Respect, Team Approach, Effective Communication, Honesty, Integrity, Excellence
211 provides callers with information about and referrals to social services for every day needs and in times of crisis. For example, 2-1-1 can offer access to the following types of services:
- Basic Human Needs Resources - including food and clothing, shelters, housing, utility assistance.
- Disaster Response and Recovery - works with the emergency management team during a disaster to offer support and place for dissemination of information.
- Mental Health and Health Resources - including counseling, support groups, drug and alcohol treatment, health insurance programs, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health resources, health insurance programs for children, medical information lines, clinics, and hospitals.
- Employment Supports - including job training, employment services, transportation assistance and education programs.
- Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities - including adult day care, community meals, respite care, home health care, transportation and homemaker services.
- Children, Youth and Family Support - including child care, after school programs, educational programs for low income families, family resource centers, and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring and protective services.
- Volunteer Opportunities and Donations - Individuals who wish to donate time, goods or money to community organizations can find this information by dialing 211.