Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
IFR's mission is to promote the health and well-being of diverse communities in San Francisco with a primary emphasis on the Chicano/Latino community.
Instituto Familiar de la Raza, (IFR) has grown from a grassroots community based struggle to ensure the availability of appropriate mental health services for the Latino/Chicano community to a respected multi-social services agency working with multiple communities in San Francisco.
IFR strives to achieve its mission by providing a range of mental health and social services, family support, mentoring and HIV services that reflect the spiritual, cultural, socio-political and economic reality of individuals, families, and communities served.
IFR's operating budget of $4.7 million allows the agency to provide health and wellness services to an average of 4,000 children, youth, adults, and families through eighty-eight employees and six health and wellness programs.
· La Clinica , our anchor program delivers culturally appropriate mental health services to any family member.
· The Family Resource System provides prevention, early intervention, and intensive case management, and therapy services to reinforce family preservation with high risk Chicano/Latino families residing throughout San Francisco.
· La Cultura Cura , provides intense case management services and offers alternatives to youth caught in the juvenile criminal justice system.
· Clinical Mentoring serves a multicultural population of children and youth with serious emotional problems.
· The Early Intervention program a collaborative effort offers comprehensive childcare and school-based mental health consultation and services.
· Latino AIDS provides culturally and linguistically appropriate HIV/AIDS risk reduction education and prevention services to the Chicano/Latino community of San Francisco.
- Edna Hernandez
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!