Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Big Brothers Big Sisters Mission is to help children reach their potential through professionally supported, one-to-one relationships with mentors that have a measurable impact on youth.
The Big Brothers Big Sisters Vision is successful mentoring relationships for all children who need and want them, contributing to brighter futures, better schools, and stronger communities for all.
Our Mentoring Programs Work
National research has shown that positive relationships between youth and their Big Brothers and Big Sisters mentors have a direct and measurable impact on children's lives. By participating in our youth mentoring programs, Little Brothers and Sisters are:
- More confident in their schoolwork performance
- Able to get along better with their families
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
- 52% less likely to skip school. 1
Big Brothers Big Sisters matches children ages 7 through 17 with mentors in professionally supported one-to-one relationships. We have volunteer programs in communities across the country -- including yours.Making the Connection
Big Brothers Big Sisters has a variety of volunteer opportunities available.
Matches come together through our two essential programs:
- Community-based Mentoring : For as little as an hour a week, Bigs and Littles meet in their community to share fun activities ... stories ... and a little bit of themselves.
- School-based Mentoring : Bigs and Littles meet once a week in schools, libraries and community centers, to talk and have fun. It's not about being a tutor ... it's about being a friend.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!