Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Avalon Hospice is to provide quality hospice care to patients with life limiting illnesses and to their caregivers and families. The goal of hospice is to add quality of life when quantity is limited. Avalon Hospice recognizes dying as part of the normal process of living and focuses on maintaining the quality of remaining life. Avalon Hospice offers palliative care to all terminally ill patients and support to those patients and families without regard to diagnosis, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, race, creed, disability, age, place of residence, or ability to pay.
When a patient and family sign on to Hospice, they are able to utilize our excellent Volunteer Program. We have a wonderful volunteer staff available to help and assist our patients and/or family in many areas.
1. VISIT with patient/family (companionship).
2. Provide RESPITE CARE for 1 to 3 hours per week.
3. LISTEN to and SUPPORT patient/family support.
4. ASSIST with light housekeeping, meal preparation, and errands.
5. Bake or make lap quilts and blankets.
6. Assist with administrative duties in the main office.
VOLUNTEERS CAN NOT GIVE ANY MEDICATIONS OR MEDICAL ASSISTANCE!