Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of ASCEND is to close the achievement gap in Oakland. To make a positive difference in the lives of young people, we offer engaging and rigorous instruction and build strong relationships between parents, teachers/staff, students and community. At ASCEND we are dedicated to developing leaders and mentors who create a more compassionate, equitable and just society.
What makes ASCEND a special place for children?
- It's a K-8 school, supporting our students to become reflective, responsible, and respectful leaders as they go through the challenging middle school years.
- Students stay with their teachers for two grade levels (K-1 with one teacher, 2-3 with one teacher, etc) to maximize academic growth
- Small classes of 20-24 students from K-8
- Each child is seen as an individual with individual needs
- Academics are not separated from a student's social, emotional, and physical needs. Partnerships with community and family support the whole child.
- We hold ourselves responsible for the academic achievement of every child, checking their growth on standards-based report cards and regular benchmarks
- We believe students can be taught the basics through hands-on, arts-integrated expeditions where students are creating, exploring, questioning, making connections, and having fun.
- Raj Kanani
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!