The 2018 hurricane season has been extraordinarily active in parts of the U.S., with Hurricane Florence currently impacting millions in the Carolinas. As this natural disaster unfolds, the staff here at VolunteerMatch is doing its part to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you are prepared and safe. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know about the most effective ways to contribute.
The BAYS Foundation believes that organized sports can engage and transform the experiences of all young people, and, when part of structured programs with a larger educational mission, can help change lives and strengthen communities. The BAYS Found... Read more
The BAYS Foundation believes that organized sports can engage and transform the experiences of all young people, and, when part of structured programs with a larger educational mission, can help change lives and strengthen communities.
The BAYS Foundation works to strengthen programs and organizations that provide opportunities and increase access for low income youth to participate in organized sports in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
We develop long-term relationships with a portfolio of partner organizations and work with them to provide needed capital and human resources that will have a significant and meaningful impact on their programs and the children they serve. We do not accept unsolicited grant proposals.
• Expand opportunities and build capacity by sustaining and growing existing programs and organizations, and by providing support for the development of new programs and organizations that will achieve our mission.
• Invest in programs and organizations that can deliver measurable and sustained outcomes, and for whom our contributions will make a significant difference and help to create lasting impacts.
• Contribute leadership, as well as human and financial resources, to strengthen and develop our partners' programs and organizations.
• Connect related groups and leaders with one another to help achieve broader opportunities for access and participation across many sports and communities and to achieve greater effectiveness in program development and delivery.
• Engage a broad and diverse group of individual and corporate investors to help achieve our mission and to promote the values that organized sports can help foster in individuals and communities.
•Provide an opportunity for young leaders to engage in civic life.
•Create lasting and meaningful impacts on individuals and communities.