Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The MRFRS is a nationally recognized, nonprofit, volunteer-driven organization committed to ensuring the health and welfare of feral and domestic cats and kittens by promoting proactive, compassionate, no-kill programs.
MRFRS began in 1992 as a few caring souls who decided to come to the aid of the 300+ free-roaming cats barely surviving along the Newburyport, Massachusetts waterfront. The effort our founders launched was one of the first in the nation to use Trap-Neuter-Return to improve the lives of free-roaming cats.
- Our programs include:
- Adoption Program: a no-kill adoption center in Salisbury, MA housing up to 60 cats and kittens
- Feral Program: assistance with feral TNR (trap, vaccinate, neuter, and release) program
- Sunday Spay/Neuter Clinics: monthly spay/neuter clinics for feral cats
- The Catmobiles: two low-cost mobile spay/neuter clinics covering all of Eastern MA
- Foster Program: cats and kittens in need of TLC before adoption
- FARS Program: assistance with veterinary care costs for owned cats
- The Captain Courageous Fund for injured feral cats
- The Bridge Program: provides emergency boarding for cats whose owners are in perilous circumstances
- Catmobile & spay/neuter resource hotline: refers dog and cat owners across the state to local low-cost spay/neuter services
Since our inception, the MRFRS has assisted over 114,500 cats - placing over 20,600 cats and kittens into homes, spaying or neutering over 13,000 feral cats at our TNR clinics, and over 53,700 cats on our Catmobiles.
- Stacy LeBaron
- (978) 462-0760
- Need admin access?