Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The MRFRS is a nationally recognized, nonprofit, volunteer-driven organization committed to ensuring the health and welfare of feral and domestic cats and kittens by promoting proactive, compassionate, no-kill programs.
MRFRS began in 1992 as a few caring souls who decided to come to the aid of the 300+ free-roaming cats barely surviving along the Newburyport, Massachusetts waterfront. The effort our founders launched was one of the first in the nation to use Trap-Neuter-Return to improve the lives of free-roaming cats.
- Our programs include:
- Adoption Program: a no-kill adoption center in Salisbury, MA housing up to 60 cats and kittens
- Feral Program: assistance with feral TNR (trap, vaccinate, neuter, and release) program
- Sunday Spay/Neuter Clinics: monthly spay/neuter clinics for feral cats
- The Catmobiles: two low-cost mobile spay/neuter clinics covering all of Eastern MA
- Foster Program: cats and kittens in need of TLC before adoption
- FARS Program: assistance with veterinary care costs for owned cats
- The Captain Courageous Fund for injured feral cats
- The Bridge Program: provides emergency boarding for cats whose owners are in perilous circumstances
- Catmobile & spay/neuter resource hotline: refers dog and cat owners across the state to local low-cost spay/neuter services
Since our inception, the MRFRS has assisted over 114,500 cats - placing over 20,600 cats and kittens into homes, spaying or neutering over 13,000 feral cats at our TNR clinics, and over 53,700 cats on our Catmobiles.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!