Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
It is the mission of the Science Teachers Association of Texas (STAT) to build a community dedicated to advancing science teaching and learning.
In a way that:
- Builds and strengthens networks for Texas educators
- Disseminates current scientific research
- Provides quality professional growth opportunities in content and pedagogy
- Informs policy makers and the public regarding science education issues
- Establishes STAT as a resource for science education; so that all students are scientifically and technologically literate, responsible, and productive citizens.
We are STAT, the Science Teachers Association of Texas.
STAT ... for the enhancement of the teaching of science in Texas at all levels and in all science disciplines.
- A statewide organization of elementary, middle level, and high school teachers, college educators, supervisors of science, and others dedicated to maintaining the highest levels of science and education in our schools.
- A chapter of the National Science Teachers Association
STAT seeks to
- Serve as a unified voice for the science teachers of the state.
- Keep science teachers and other members informed about current trends in science education.
- Provide opportunities for members to examine techonology, curriculum, materials, and services.
- Inform members of local, state and national meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops related to sciences.
- Cooperate with other science oriented organizations and teacher associations in the promotion of teaching of science.
- Nicole Abbott
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!