Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To develop and promote a local, sustainable food system for the communities of Central Florida that ensures safe, consistent, fresh, ethically produced and delivered products direct from our producers. Homegrown strives to serve the growth and long term health of farmers, ranchers, market gardeners as well as chefs, families, restaurants and consumers by developing a sustainable local network that supports the promotion and distribution of organic, all-natural, and fair trade food to our region.
- To provide healthy, local, ethically produced food direct from our producer
- To serve local consumers of all income levels
- To support sustainable, local, high quality agricultural practices
- To support certified organic and all-natural foods free of added hormones, antibiotics and genetic modification
- To provide a network for the production and distribution of locally prepared foods and locally made non-food products made with local and sustainably produced ingredients
- To support a Central Florida food system that in turn preserves the cultural heritage, landscape, water, soil and air vital to a sustainable community
- To encourage our producers to enhance the biodiversity of native species on their land and to continually improve their land stewardship and conservation practices
- To use renewable energy sources whenever possible for our distribution of food
- To support the global cooperative movement and principles
We are a non-profit local food cooperative joining farmers to families through an online farmers market and multi-farm CSA, and regional pick up locations. We have operated in Central Florida since 2007.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!