Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Jubilee Jumpstart is a family centered early childhood program that:
- Provides reflective and responsive care for infants, toddlers, and pre-schoolers in nurturing relationships with caring adults.
- Partners with parents through shared dialogue, experiences, and education to foster a healthy and secure relationship between parent and child that is the foundation for a successful adult life and a strong community.
- Supports the development of two languages (English-Spanish) in young children through dual-language immersion while honoring and supporting the child's home language and culture.
- Seeks to be a model center implementing research-based best practices in early childhood education and family support.
- Becomes a beloved learning community that actively strives for peace, unconditional love and social justice in the spirit of Dr. King's vision of a culturally, socially and economically diverse society.
- Cares for the caregivers by providing a living wage, ample benefits, an engaging work environment, reflective supervision, and supportive guidance.
Quality child care and education and family support programs are in woefully short supply in the Adams Morgan area of Washington, DC. This is particularly an issue for the 'working poor,' who constitute a significant portion of the area's residents and who have to choose between taking care of their children and making a living. Jubilee JumpStart addresses this need by providing a nurturing and empowering educational experience to children and families, strengthening the community as a whole.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!