Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Notice: YQTA is currently in a reorganization phase to bring an even better experience to youth and constituents we serve. A date is not yet known, but the web site address will be accessible in early 2014. Volunteers are still welcome to make inquiries about potential service or the organization.
To restore, reclaim, redirect and reaffirm youth, parents and communities 1 in favor of sound faith-based decision making by cooperating with the Holy Spirit 2, our schools 3, and our government 4.
The YQTA Mission Defined
1 The four R's reflect a sad truth of a generation of youth that has been lost to misguided purpose and lack of purpose. Many times youth present a psychological expression of what is also systemic in parents and communities.
2 This loss or lack of purpose can be found again or discovered through a spiritual renewal through the God of the Bible by way of His Spirit whom the founding fathers of this nation respected, even as the most endearing laws of the land were penned.
3 A holistic view requires an additional step: education must be paramount in many respects - not simply grade school and college in-class learning, but through life learning and asset development outside the classroom. Our concept of helping youth become CHIEFF of their personal affairs covers C areer, H ealth, I ntegrity, E ducation, F inance and F amily.
4 In addition, we believe that engagement of youth, parents and communities in civic and political issues is an important ingredient for guiding younger generations toward better outcomes.
Intro Points :
- YQTA (since 2004, We help youth find their purpose, faith-based, 501(c)(3), offer Positive Youth Development for youth ages 9-19, strategic plan through 2015 focuses on Henry, Butts, Monroe, and Bibb counties of Georgia)
- YQTA currently caters to approximately 100 youth per year
- Core concept is CHIEFF TM (Teaching youth about six core life-skills areas: Career, Health, Integrity, Education, Finance, and Family)
- Strong 15-member board of directors (male and female teen board members have 28% voting rights at full quorum)
- Slogan: Young, But Purpose Driven TM
Flagship Event :
- Youth Quake Experience (4-day life-skills lock-in, fun, facts, and faith - no denominational affiliation, all religious activity is biblically based with varied non-doctrinal support from various Christian organizations)
- Additional events include CHIEFF TM Summits and Teen Summits
Long-Term Youth Development Activity :
- Building Altars TM Follow-Up (BAFU) - Technology and people-based mentoring program for goal setting and fulfillment
- Seven Steps to Higher Purpose TM (7SHP) - Framework for structured communication with youth and youth involvement from a starting point to a graduation-based ending point.
- CHIEFF TM Curriculum - Training material used to impart the core concepts for the six critical areas of youth development
Support & Funding :
- Board Member Gifts
- Individual Gifts
- Corporate, Organization, and Church Gifts
- Multiple collaborations for resources (including 100 Virtual Churches Initiative)
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!