Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Common Good Finance designs and creates common good banks -- democratic economics for a sustainable world.
Common good banks™ will be the cornerposts of a new economic system -- a democratic, community-based system that puts people and planet first.
For the past seven years, hundreds of people around the world have worked together to design this new system, as a way to support and empower ordinary people everywhere to put an end to war, poverty, hunger, unemployment and global warming before it is too late.
This is not just another bank with a social mission, this is a social mission with a bank.
Here's how common good banks will be different:
- All profits go to schools and other nonprofit organizations, to benefit everyone.
- Depositors in each community decide what the bank should invest in and how to spend the bank's profits.
- Depositors in each community also decide how much money to create and which local nonprofits will receive that money -- elevating local currency to the same status as national currencies such as dollars, euros and yen.
- Free local credit card processing for local businesses.
- Micro-loans for new businesses and community projects.
- A full range of secure, FDIC-insured banking services.
- Committed to sustainability and economic justice. All borrowers must report on their social and environmental impact.
- Once the first common good bank opens, any community anywhere can start one easily in just a few days, with no need for a bank building.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!