Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of UHCAA is to unify and build a coalition of supporters whose goal is to increase resources for the university and the community. UHCAA is on a quest to promote philanthropy from the African American community. We seek to strengthen the relationship between alumni, students, and the university while reuniting former athletes and friends.
UHCAA members engage in a number of events and activities that help to achieve our mission and enable us to generously support local needs. UHCAA's commitment to the community is evidenced by participation in
- Operation School Supplies - Volunteered past five years sorting and boxing supplies for area schools;
- Step Up to the Plate Food Drive - Sponsored food drive benefiting local families and individuals during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays for past three years
- Holiday Toy Drive - Donated Christmas toys and monetary contributions to House of Tiny Treasures, a homeless child care center, for past four years
- University of Houston Homecoming - 2007 - Hosted a series of events such as All Star Weekend, Cougar Football Classic Weekend, Cougar Classic Golf Tournament UH vs. Grambling football game, and Fish Fry Tailgate
- Scholarships - Awarded first scholarship in 2007 to a student who is a member of the Challenger Program the program strives to assist first generation college students achieve their academic goals
- Black Leadership Network (BLN) - The EVENT - College Readiness Conference - Participated as speakers on panel discussions and had booth display during the campus organization fair for past two years.
In addition to these endeavors and attending sports events and tailgating, UHCAA has established an active presence in the university by participating in such programs as Cougar Advocates of Texas, serving on the Alumni Council and the HAO board.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!