Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
A Community Coalition focused on improving weatherization and energy efficiency for those in need through education, volunteer work projects, and community-building.
The CWC is looking for energetic and dedicated volunteers to perform comprehensive energy tune-ups for households in need. Training will be provided.
Make a Difference: Improvements and educational tips made by our volunteer Energy Coaches can help save $250-$300/year on residents' utility bills while conserving water and energy.
CWC volunteer Energy Coaches learn how to:
- Teach energy and water-saving strategies to residents
- Fully inspect a home for potential efficient appliances, malfunctioning systems, and other opportunities for energy and water conservation
- Perform minor modifications to the home in order to lower utility usage, such as installing water-saving shower heads and LED light bulbs
Energy Coaches must be willing to:
- Complete a satisfactory background check before becoming certified
- Attend a 3-part Training Session
- Commit to at least six months as a volunteer, and perform at least 6 home energy tune-ups during that year (each tune-up lasts 2-4 hours)