Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
CASAs are trained volunteers assigned by a Family Court judge providing children at risk of abuse and neglect with advocacy in the court and community. CASA volunteers facilitate permanency and safety for children through researching, reporting, and collaborating with service providers.
Voices for Children/Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), through the service of trained volunteers and staff, advocate for services and safe, stable living environments who have been alleged to be abused or neglected within our community.
Do you Want to Volunteer? CASAs must:
1. Be at least 21 years of age
2. Interview; pass a local background check and State Central Registry of Child Abuse and Maltreatment
3. Complete at least forty (40) hours of training
4. Provide three references
5. Minimum one (1) year commitment to the program
6. Exhibit sound judgment, maturity, integrity, and responsibility