Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To improve health and quality of life for disadvantaged children and families by reducing access barriers and delivering quality healthcare services.
The Institute for Family Medicine lives this mission every day by taking healthcare services directly to points of need in our community, overcoming access barriers related to cost, transportation, language and trust.
We envision a community in which:
- Every person has a health home.
- Quality health services are available and appropriately utilized.
- Disparities in health outcomes are reduced.
- Community agencies collaborate to improve health services.
- A sustainable cadre of health professionals is committed to achieving this vision.
Disadvantaged children, homeless teens and low-income families in St. Louis don’t have the money, transportation or know-how required to navigate today’s complex healthcare system. The Institute for Family Medicine provides convenient, cost-effective care at trusted points of service in the community including schools, shelters and other social service organizations. Our creative partnerships provide continuity of care, ensuring improved health outcomes and helping our disadvantaged patients get back on their feet while learning how to be responsible for their own health.