Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
VISION : The Center helps build relationships across differences to create a more inclusive and equitable community.
MISSION : The Center celebrates and teaches diversity in order to foster conversation and respect among cultures.
Each year the Center for Diversity Education, through exhibits, road shows, a lending library, and staff development opportunities, provides direct and in-direct programming to over 20,000 students, teachers and citizens throughout WNC.
· The human condition is enriched and strengthened by interaction with people from varying experiences.
· When diverse aspects of the human condition are intentionally included in the classroom, campus, workplace and community, individuals expand their knowledge, affirm individual and group identity, and deepen their communal life experience.
· School-based programs should be correlated with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study and the Future Ready core curriculum for grades K-12.
· Using a laboratory approach in our work with UNC Asheville students will expand the footprint of both the Center and the Univeristy.
· Non-UNC Asheville programming should directly benefit the intended organizations and the community at-large.
· Alignment between like-minded organizations reduces a duplication of effort, magnifies outcomes, and makes efficient use of limited resources.
- Courtney Gauthier
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!