Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Global Pashtun Institute for Peace and Democracy (GPIPD) is to promote and secure peace, democracy, human rights and development in the Pakistan-Afghanistan region and interact with academia, think tanks, and other stakeholders for the achievement of its goals and objectives.
GPIPD is guided by the following principles and ideas:
- The principles enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights;
- International peace and security, democracy, freedom, social justice and free market economy;
- Democratic pluralism, and equal rights for all without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender and political belief;
- The principles of secularism, as opposed to religious extremism, violence and terrorism;
- Non-violence, humanism, tolerance and peaceful coexistence;
- The idea of threat reduction, including threats posed by Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) in the region and the prevention of war and armed conflict, emphasizing on the solution of conflicts through peaceful, negotiated settlement;
- Mutually beneficial cooperation and mutual respect in the relationship between all states, nations and ethnic groups;
- Equal rights of all peoples, nationalities and ethnic groups to develop their own socio-economic and cultural life, including equal opportunities for all without exception;
- The idea that peace, stability and development in Southwest Asia is in the interests of all peoples and governments in the region and the international community;
- The principles of the Pashtun social philosophy traditionally based on democratic norms of Pashtunwali (Pashtun way of life) which, in essence, is forward looking and open to reform and modernity.
- Hamayun Khan
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!