Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
FAIR, the national media watch group, has been offering well-documented criticism of media bias and censorship since 1986. We work to invigorate the First Amendment by advocating for greater diversity in the press and by scrutinizing media practices that marginalize public interest, minority and dissenting viewpoints. As an anti-censorship organization, we expose neglected news stories and defend working journalists when they are muzzled. As a progressive group, FAIR believes that structural reform is ultimately needed to break up the dominant media conglomerates, establish independent public broadcasting and promote strong non-profit sources of information.
Established in 1986, FAIR has many years of experience fighting censorship, challenging media's conventional wisdom, and championing independent journalism.
FAIR's work encompasses publication, broadcast, web-based activism and community and press outreach efforts. FAIR's programming includes:
· the publication of Extra! - the monthly magazine of media criticism;
· the nationally syndicated weekly radio program CounterSpin aired on over 150 stations nationwide;
· the FAIR blog www.fair.org/blog;
· the growing online Action Alert network, a citizen action effort to demand more responsible reporting;
· and the website www.fair.org which contains an extensive archive of articles, reports, activist resources and news updates and attracts over 800,000 monthly visitors.
- Hilary Goldstein
- 212 633 6700
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!