Wildfires are devastating communities across California, causing more than 300,000 people to evacuate their homes and threatening many more. The Camp Fire in Northern California -- one of three blazing across the state -- is the most destructive in state history. We want to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you find access to shelter. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know the most effective ways to contribute.
Fairness & Accuracy In ReportingFairness & Accuracy In Reporting
FAIR, the national media watch group, has been offering well-documented criticism of media bias and censorship since 1986. We work to invigorate the First Amendment by advocating for greater diversity in the press and by scrutinizing media practices ... Read more
FAIR, the national media watch group, has been offering well-documented criticism of media bias and censorship since 1986. We work to invigorate the First Amendment by advocating for greater diversity in the press and by scrutinizing media practices that marginalize public interest, minority and dissenting viewpoints. As an anti-censorship organization, we expose neglected news stories and defend working journalists when they are muzzled. As a progressive group, FAIR believes that structural reform is ultimately needed to break up the dominant media conglomerates, establish independent public broadcasting and promote strong non-profit sources of information.
Established in 1986, FAIR has many years of experience fighting censorship, challenging media's conventional wisdom, and championing independent journalism.
FAIR's work encompasses publication, broadcast, web-based activism and community and press outreach efforts. FAIR's programming includes:
· the publication of Extra! - the monthly magazine of media criticism;
· the nationally syndicated weekly radio program CounterSpin aired on over 150 stations nationwide;
· the FAIR blog www.fair.org/blog;
· the growing online Action Alert network, a citizen action effort to demand more responsible reporting;
· and the website www.fair.org which contains an extensive archive of articles, reports, activist resources and news updates and attracts over 800,000 monthly visitors.