Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To provide solutions to East African Community who are underserved and at risk due to the complex social, cultural, educational, and economic structure of their new home land to succeed and build a strong community.
SUVA will provides charitable and educational services to immigrant and refugees (current focus E. Africans decent) to increase their knowledge by providing ESL services, referrals to social outlets, civic education, counseling and therapy from a certified professional.
FACTS FACING THE COMMUNITY
Kids learn English faster than their parents which sets up a difficult role reversal
Parents Post-traumatic stress from hardships endured in their native countries
"East African Posse", a violent Seattle street gangs
Chronic runaways, high school dropouts, and drug- addicts
Cultural & Education Enhancement
- After school academic activities, tutoring and social activities
- Mentoring Middle/HS students
- Youth counseling and therapy
- College Preparation for High School Students, and financial aid & scholarship guidance
- Sports, Music, Arts, Cultural/Social Activities to develop skills in problem solving, relationship building, and leadership
Counseling and therapy for mental health and post traumatic stress disorder
Domestic violence, drug & alcohol, and the elderly
Anger management classes
Referral to community resources
Workshops and Seminars
Family and youth intervention
immigration and citizenship classes
- Senior Services
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!