Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
• To help adults improve reading and writing skills to achieve their full potential as community members, family members, workers, and life-long learners;
• To teach non-English speakers ESL (English as a Second Language) skills;
• To tailor services to individual needs, with confidentiality;
• To foster understanding and use of public libraries;
• To educate communities on the importance of literacy.
Adult Literacy Services at San Diego County Library
• L.E.A.R.N. offers free, confidential adult literacy and learning services;
• Services include one-on-one and small group tutoring and computer-aided instruction;
• Centers are in the El Cajon and Vista branch libraries;
• Services are available at all San Diego County Library branches.
How L.E.A.R.N. Works
• Learners are matched with a trained volunteer tutor;
• Tutors are trained in learner-centered curriculum and teaching methods that help learners achieve goals important in their lives;
• Tutor/learner pairs meet twice a week for 1½ hours per session;
• L.E.A.R.N. provides materials and ongoing support;
• Tutor/learner pairs report progress on a monthly basis.
- Kevin Vigil
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!