Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The American Council of the Blind of Colorado (ACBCO) dba A3 is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the independence, equality, and opportunities for all blind and visually impaired individuals in the state of Colorado.
Our main organizational goals are to:
- Improve the social, economic, and cultural life of the blind or visually impaired of Colorado, and to stimulate, encourage, and assist the blind or visually impaired of this state to become active, productive, and responsible members of the community;
- Expand the scope and quality of education and rehabilitation services available to the blind or visually impaired of Colorado;
- Increase the available opportunities for the employment and/or the advancement of blind or visually impaired individuals of this state;
- Keep blind or visually impaired persons fully informed of opportunities, services and facilities made available to them by local, state, federal, and private agencies and organizations;
- Develop better understanding between blind or visually impaired people and their community by educating the general public as to the concerns and capabilities of blind or visually impaired people, and to combat both the exploitation of the blind or visually impaired and neglect of the welfare of blind or visually impaired persons;
- Affiliate and cooperate with the American Council of the Blind, Inc., in the furtherance of the goals and principles of that organization, to promote within the American Council of the Blind, Inc. the principles and policies which have been endorsed by the blind or visually impaired of Colorado, and to bring to the attention of the American Council of the Blind, Inc., any problem affecting the welfare of the blind or visually impaired of Colorado;
- Cooperate with organizations, private and public, which promote the welfare of all people with disabilities.