Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Cityhood for Rowland Heights, for better local control of our area of Los Angeles county.
WHY CITYHOOD PETITION
- Signing does not commit you to Cityhood. Petition requires 5,354 signatures, 25% of registered voters.
- Cityhood Petition is to ask Los Angeles County to conduct a "Feasibility Study for Rowland Heights Becoming a City" from financial view point.
- If the tax revenue generated by Rowland Heights is sufficient to support the cityhood, then the residents will be allowed to vote for the Cityhood!
REASONS FOR CITYHOOD
- Local control: Retain revenues exclusively for our community.
- Control our money: have a full-time staff focused on our community.
- Control our future: Maintain local control and accountability of our city leaders.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- Cityhood will not raise taxes. Any tax increase requires Rowland Heights voter approval.
- All existing public, safety, and other services that the County provides will continue.
- City hood can lower your taxes by eliminating the County's 5% utility tax charged on all utility bills in unincorporated Rowland Heights.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!