Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Goal is to encourage and motivate all Delaware Valley residents to save money and build wealth and assets. We especially want to help low-and-moderate income individuals realize that it is possible to build wealth on a limited income. Ultimately, Philadelphia Saves wants to increase the rate of savings for the Delaware Valley region and turn the tide against the ever-increasing rise in consumer debt.
Through information, advice, and encouragement, Philadelphia Saves assists people who wish to pay down debt, build an emergency fund, or save for a home, education, investment, or retirement in order to improve their standard of living and most importantly, gain peace of mind.
Modeled after the nationwide campaign, America Saves, Philadelphia Saves arose out of the need to help Delaware Valley residents deal with social and economic challenges. An estimated one in 12 American households has "negative wealth," meaning that debt exceeds assets. In order to reverse this trend we believe it is necessary to provide everyone with a plan to reach financial goals and build assets.
Whatever your financial goal, be it, homeownership, debt reduction, education, retirement, or a whole host of others...we can help!
All of the Philadelphia Saves benefits are absolutely FREE! All you have to do is select a savings goal and a plan to reach it, open a savings account (or use an existing account), and make monthly deposits. Philadelphia Saves will send you an e-mail in three months to see how you are doing. It's that easy.
Also, keep in mind that you control your savings account. You open the account. It is in your name. You receive the statements. We only advise and encourage.
Philadelphia Saves Free Membership Benefits:
- Free or low-fee Savings accounts with participating financial institutions
- Free Motivational Wealth Building Workshops
- Free One-on-One Wealth Coaching
- Free 30-minute consultation with a Certified Financial Planner
- Free seminars by financial experts on topics such as, debt reduction, buying a home or a car, saving for retirement, protecting yourself against identity theft, or selecting savings or investment products
- American Saver quarterly newsletter and the Philadelphia Saves newsletter
- Access to the Philadelphia Saves hotline where you can ask specific questions about your savings goal and plan or set up additional wealth coaching sessions
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!