The 2018 hurricane season has been extraordinarily active in parts of the U.S., with Hurricane Florence currently impacting millions in the Carolinas. As this natural disaster unfolds, the staff here at VolunteerMatch is doing its part to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you are prepared and safe. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know about the most effective ways to contribute.
Empowering families in global transition across all sectors.
Leading the worldwide community to empower families and those who serve them in global transition.
FIGT is dedicated to education and research in the field of international relocation. Our focus is on the family and ensuring they are successful to, in turn, ensure a successful completed assignment. We work across all sectors: military, missionary, academic, education and foreign service.
· Relocation services are profoundly more effective if they are designed with and by potential recipients
· Families should be empowered with the tools and resources to thrive and to be self-sufficient while on assignment
· The employee is more fully productive and engaged if family is well-supported
· Global community is complete when all sectors are included
· Relationships are cultivated through open dialogue across social barriers for the sake of a common goal
· Enriched life experiences are provided through cross-cultural communication and learning from people whose experiences are different
· Personal and professional development occurs through a continuing quest for knowledge
by Judy R. from Ontario, CA
FIGT is a very supportive organization. Through volunteering with them I have met some amazingly interesting people, learned a great deal and made valuable contacts. My input has been valued and appreciated on an ongoing and regular basis. Definitely one of my best volunteer experiences!